Sunday, October 13, 2013

Princess Materail

We started watching "Once Upon a Time", a network television program about fairy tales.

It is a nice little diversion while I grade papers at night.  It is also quite entertaining.

While other girls pretended to be Cinderella, I wanted to be Nancy Drew or Lucy from Narnia.  I never fit the Princess mold.  In my opinion, I was always WAY too tall, headstrong, and awkward for any Prince to love.  My feet were too big for glass slippers, my skin, although snow white, did not draw animals to do my bidding, my hair was too big for a crown, and I only had step-brothers and they were not wicked.

Fortunately for me, at ten years old, I met the Prince of Peace.  His abiding love for me is better than any fairytale.  It is real.  His Kingdom is greater than any other and yet, He invites each of us to be a part of it all.

Have a great week and know that you are loved!

Amberly

No comments: