Friday, October 23, 2015

If at first you don't succeed, TRI, TRI again

Well, I am attempting by first Triathlon (TRI) in the morning.  I have been training.  I have been focused.  I have also been scared.

I am afraid of failing.

I am afraid of looking foolish.

I am afraid of disappointing people who have helped me.

I am afraid of being in a wetsuit in public.

Ugh.

As the great philosopher, John Wayne, once said, "Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."

As the Greatest One ever once said, "...Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, but the Lord Your God will be with you wherever you go (even in wetsuits)." (Joshua 1:9)

So, I will take both of those tidbits of wisdom and do my best tomorrow.  I will let you know how it goes...

Are you facing something difficult today?  Co-workers? Kids? Spouse? Boss? Traffic? Overload?  Stress? Wetsuits?  Know that you are not alone.   I empathize, but even better, God supplies.

Saddle up.  And then look up.

Amberly

No comments: