Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Surprise

We got our first dog last night.

Mozzie, our ten-week-old Goldendoodle puppy, has already stolen our hearts (and my sleep) and he has only been in the house for 20 hours.

The expectation was the best part.  My co-workers, Chelsea and Nate, helped me scheme to surprise our kids with the sweetest Easter treat ever.  I bought items so we would be ready, I read 100 articles on dog training, signed up up for doggy obedience school, and had trouble sleeping the night before.  I asked Chelsea to record the look on the kids' faces when they laid eyes on him for the first time in our home.

When the women went to the tomb to "see" Him, Jesus must have been so excited to reveal himself as the Risen Lord.  These were His friends.  His Father had been crafting this "surprise" for a long time, and although Jesus had predicted that which would happen, his followers did not fully grasp it.

I pray the expectation of Easter never goes away.  I want to be so excited to relive the resurrection each day that I get up early as the ladies did and tell everyone about it when I do, as they did.

Blessings on your week!

Amberly




1 comment:

custom writing service reviews said...

Receiving a cute dog on Easter as a gift sounds like the greatest thing ever. There's really nothing better than someone gifting you a dog! Your dog is adorable and I hope he fits in well with the family!