Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Epic Blog Fail

I am a bad, bad blogger...

Please forgive the egregious black hole of entries over the past two weeks.  I finished my half marathon and then went right into the final week of production of "Sound of Music" at Bakersfield Christian High School.

At the other end, I am, well, exhausted.  But in a good way.

I watched my daughter shine, my husband's vision for a great high school production come to fruition,  and my son eat his way through yet another growth spurt.

I also had 1000 papers to grade.  I had a student at the University at which I teach submit a paper that was high in unoriginality.  When I questioned the student about it, this person admitted to "just wanting to get done". Have you ever felt that way?  Have you ever just wanted to rush through the "stuff" of life so life could truly begin?

I do not want to live life that way.  I want to have "joy to go" through my day, through my heart, through my relationships, but when it gets busy, it also becomes more hard to stay true to that sentiment.

How can I remind myself to relish every moment?

Any ideas?

Amberly







No comments: