Sunday, July 21, 2013

Write away

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”   ― Maya Angelou

I am working on a book right now. I have had some of my work published before (devotionals, Bible curriculum, etc.), but want to have a whole book published.

I have smiled superficially at my friends and colleagues who have books that have been published in the recent months.  I WANT to be happy for them without the weight of envy, but I frankly have not been able to.

I am envious of their works being published, no doubt. However, my real envy comes from the fact that they have had the tenacity to spend the time it takes to FINISH the work necessary to publish a work.  They have survived rewrites and rejection.  They have burned the midnight oil and the candle at both ends (and all the other idiomatic expression that involve burning) to be successful.

I know that the subject of my book is worth sharing.  I am excited about the encouragement and spurring it could bring to the readers.  When I speak on this subject, the feedback is undeniably strong.  I know the Lord has "given" me this message to share.

I am not excited, however, at the work ahead of me.   I relish your prayers as I continue on this journey as I juggle momhood, wifehood, three paying jobs, and trying to fit into my jeans.

Blessings and thanks!

Amberly





1 comment:

Crystal Hodges said...

Leg me know when it is in print! I want an autographed copy! ;-)