Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Shell Station

We had the opportunity to use a friend's beach house for a few days this past week.

At the risk of sounding covetous, I coveted.

It was a large, beautiful house on 2 lots 1/10 of a mile from the beach.  Wowzers.

There were tons of activities to do at the house, but on the beach, my favorite things to do included jogging and collecting shells.

There were a gazillion sand dollars.  The kids and I started collecting; I have devised a wonderful way to use them for a cool Christmas craft.  I cannot wait.

We started to get picky, however.  I would say, "oooh, that's not the right size" or "that one is broken".  We would toss aside the "undesirables" and continue our search for the perfect shells.

I am so glad that God does not judge me the same way.  I am not the "right" size and frankly, there are times I feel more broken than a mosiac.

He sees the beauty in me and despite me.  He loves and redeems all of me.  And He will never toss me aside.

That is good news for me today.  And every day.

Have a great week!  Amberly


No comments: