Monday, August 5, 2013

DIE with a T

I started a new eating regimen on Friday...

I have never subjected myself to such a strict plan of food consumption: translation = I am hungry.

I am certain that the caloric intake is more that sufficient, but I find myself thinking about food all the time.  Even more than usual...

This is the reason I am doing this.  I love food.  Love it.  I dream about new recipes.  I spend time scheming at the grocery store.  I love my family by preparing it, bring encouragement to others by creating  and delivering it, and find comfort in consuming it. 

I know that I work out not only to make my body stronger, but to allow myself the freedom to eat more.  Although I have changed my eating drastically, I still have not made the transition from living to eat versus eating to live.

I have prayed.  A lot.  I have read books, done Bible studies, cried, begged, pursued accountability, spoken on it, and still - I am hungry.

I am clear that God has placed the hunger inside me, but it should be only for Him...

Deuternomy 8:3, "He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord."

Some people hunger for success or money.  Others hunger for position or awards.  The truth is, anything short of a hunger for God is idolatry.

I want to be freed from my idolatry from food...I really do.

I am planning on doing this diet for 40 days.  I am even re-reading the Purpose Driven Life (a 40 day commitment) to encourage myself.

Can I be bold enough to ask you to pray for me?

Amberly




No comments: