Monday, August 26, 2013

Sore Loser

I took a new class at the gym on Saturday.  My muscles are still communicating their displeasure.

I have been eating better.  I have been working out.  I have NOT been doing crunches regularly and I have the abs to prove it.  When the instructor said, "we will be working on our abs the last 15 minutes", I should have known.  I should have run into the bathroom and "crunched" into a corner to hide.

But ultimately, my body is stronger for staying put.

Rick Warren once said, "God is less concerned with your comfort than (the development of) your character."

In order to develop spiritual muscles, I cannot continue to avoid discomfort.  I must be willing to submit myself to the training God has set before me.

In the end, I will be stronger, more useful, and more effective - a spiritual hard body, if you will.  In the meantime, however, God will be at work in my life which means stretching, heavy lifting, and struggle for me and glory for Him.

James 1:2-4 reminds me that I need to rejoice in trials and tests.

I wonder how many crunches James did... :)

Amberly




No comments: