Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Joe Cool

We had a fire drill at school yesterday.

As soon as I heard the blaring alarm, I knew it was my responsibility to drop everything I was doing and head to the field where the student body congregates.

It was then I saw it.

My coffee.  On the counter. 

As the sound grew more obnoxious, I left my purse, my phone, and all other valuables behind to perish in the imaginary fire, but stopped to grab my cup of Joe.

You can tell a lot about a person by that which they grab in time of crisis.  What does my choice say about me?

I am undercaffeinated. :)

Jesus encourages us to "... seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33)

I hope if the fire were real, I would trust Him to provide for all I would need and let it all go up in flames...even my coffee.

Thanks a latte :)

Amberly

No comments: