Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lean and mean

"Anxious, frazzled, nervous, strained, tense, unnerved, worried..."

These are all adjectives that are synonyms for stress... and can all be used to describe me today.

This diet is making me less capable of handling the kids, my work load, and the fact that Scott is leaving for a few days for teacher training.

I did not know if it is the reduced calories,  the lack of coffee (creamer is not allowed), or the fact that my body is having bread withdrawals.   But it is ugly sauce.

I am giving this the college try, but I feeling like a preschooler right now emotionally.

Ever have one of those days?  I came across a great quote from one of my spiritual heroines, Corrie ten Boom.  It is the perfect salve for that which ails me:

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."

God holds me in His hands and can be trusted.  With tomorrow.  With my next meal.  With my kids.

Are you ready to relinquish control of your uncertainties?

Amberly

No comments: