Monday, August 12, 2013

Ears to You

My daughter had an earache last week.  It seems that she had both Swimmer's Ear and an infection behind the eardrum.

She was in pain - but so were we.  You see, she has my dramatic flair.  This means that we had to endure her moaning, wailing, complaining, and whining.

Ephesians 4:2 "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

Synonyms for the word "bear" include: endure, carry, suffer, stand, tolerate, and support.

Although I have did my best to do the first four on that list, I struggled with the last. 

When people in my life are whiny about their circumstances, I find myself tolerating but not supporting.  The truth is: my last two blog posts were my whining and plea for support.

I was struck by my own hypocrisy...

They say that self-awareness is the first step in healing.  I hope they are right :)

Amberly



 

No comments: