Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Note to Remember

My interns are awesome.  The other day, I was having a tough day.  I seem to be having a lot of those lately.  I think learning a new job and different leadership styles has proved new tricks for this old dog.  Seriously.  Hard.  My interns knew the stress of the day had taken its toll on me and I came back to my office to find this:

A note.  And a bouquet of flowers.  And a Starbucks iced tea.

I was one happy boss.

The flowers were beautiful and the iced tea was refreshing, but the note will stay on my office wall until it is too dusty, dirty, and soiled to be readable.

It is exactly what I needed.  I needed to be reminded that I am loved by God even when I don't feel lovable or worthy of love.  I needed to be reminded that I am supported even when I feel like I am falling.  I needed to be reminded that despite my shortcomings that God is tall in the grace department.

I needed a sticky note of kindness.

The flowers and Starbucks cost a good bit of money, but the note cost them nothing and yet was an invaluable tool of encouragement.

Do you have someone in your life who needs a sticky note of kindness?

Ask God to heighten your awareness.  Maybe it is a neighbor.  Or one of your kids.  Or your spouse.  Or an intern.  Or the cashier at your favorite grocery store.  Or the stay-at-home-mom with a ton of kidlets and a limited amount of energy.  Or yourself.

Write one (or twelve) and you may become the very encouragement that person needs today.

Need some incentive?  Here are a few from Proverbs:

Proverbs 12:25 "Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up."
Proverbs 15:23 "A person finds joy in giving an apt reply - a how good is a timely word!"
Proverbs 16:24 "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

I love the Proverbs - even the name inspires - "Pro"= for and "verb" = action.

Go and love others - one sticky note at a time.

Blessings!
Amberly (Mama Pines :))