Monday, February 25, 2013

Honorary Citizen

We made it to Disneyland.  We braved wind, rain, and others' strollers and had a great time.

In addition to enjoying tons of rides and attractions, my family rode the new Star Tours three times.  We marveled at the creativity and brilliance of the ride.  There are a total of 54 different variations of it and we loved that which we experienced.

At the end of the ride, there is a gift shop filled with Star Wars-themed souvenirs.  Josiah's favorite part of that souvenir shop was a station for building light sabers.  Although they are really just plastic tubes with lights in them, they come in a variety of styles.  Josiah enjoyed just standing in the middle of the station and helping other young tourists figure out how to assemble each light saber.  He patiently instructed and "fixed" their assembly errors.

He was so proficient at this post, in fact, that one of the Disneyland cast members brought him an "Honorary Citizen" button with his name on it.  She thanked him for being so incredibly helpful and made him feel special.  She said that his actions reflected the spirit of Disneyland.

I would hope that my service to others would display the fact that I am an "honorary citizen" of Heaven.    I pray that Jesus' love for others is so evident that His name is written on my actions, words, and thoughts.  I pray that my actions reflect the Spirit of God.

What are you going to do today to reflect God's love?

Button up!  Amberly

No comments: