Thursday, February 7, 2013

Oooooooooooooops.

I have already called the trophy shop to remove my name from the "Teacher of the Year" award.  I have made mistakes before, but this one is for the record books.

After an arduous day with one particular student, I e-mailed his parents to inform them of his misdeeds and my concern for his success.

I did send the e-mail to them.  And the rest of the junior high parents at my school. 

Oooooops.  I sat through staff meeting yesterday, listening to talk of learning results, technology, accreditation, and expectations, and all I could think about was throwing up.

I prayed about it, A LOT and I, of course, contacted the parents to apologize.

Psalm 32:1 reminds me "Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered."

The parents may or may not forgive me, but the One who matters does. 

There is still no trophy for me, but there is always next year!

Amberly

P.S. My friend, Jud Wilhite's new book "Pursued" came out this week.  If you need a reminder of God's amazing love for you, check it out! www.pursuedbook.com

No comments: