Thursday, February 14, 2013

Trash talk

Happy Valentine's Day!

It is only seven a.m. and I have already been to the gym, called my sister, brewed coffee, taken meat out of the freezer for dinner, and spilled the trash all over the floor.  Yep.  All over the floor.  Even the coffee grounds. Ugh.  I will be finding stray grounds each time I sweep and mop for months to come.  All because I was too lazy to take out the trash when I KNEW it needed attention.  I thought I could fit ONE MORE thing in before it was absolutely necessary.  I miscalculated.

As I cleaned up the mess, it struck me.  I have done the same thing with my schedule.  I have attempted to shove so many things into this week: homemade Valentine's for my kids' classes, errands, surprises, lesson plans, a speaking engagement, etc. that I have probably made a mess on the "floor" of my life.  And my family is probably stuck picking up the mess.

Tonight, I hope to make a yummy meal and thank them for loving and putting up with me.  I also hope to confess the mess I have made of the schedule and apologize for the stress it has caused.

And then, I am hoping to enjoy some Valentine's candy. 

Have a great day!

Amberly

No comments: