Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jesus Peeps

This weekend at camp, I misspoke.  I often create new words, phrases, and word pictures (mostly because I cannot think of the actual word), but this one was extraordinary.

I was trying to communicate our need for a support system -  people who are stronger mentally and spiritually who encourage our walk with God.  Spiritual pals.  Holy helpers.  Christ-following companions.  And then it came to me - Jesus Peeps.

I meant "Peeps" as in "people", not in the marshmallow treat popular at Easter time.  Then I visualized a Jesus-shaped marshmallow treat dipped in yellow sugar dust. The line of good taste was crossed and re-crossed in my mind.  I giggled aloud.  On stage. 

I want more of Jesus in my mind, but not like this :)  I am hoping to erase that visual and replace it with His Word.  Good thing I have some "Jesus Peeps" in my life to encourage me to do so :)

How are YOU going to fit more of Jesus in your thoughts?

Amberly

No comments: