Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lights, Camera, Accent

I just got hired to do an IMAX movie.  Well, not DO an IMAX movie, but be IN an IMAX movie...well, not be IN an IMAX movie, but NARRATE an IMAX movie.  Technically, not really NARRATE it, but provide my voice for all the narration until someone fabulous like Meryl Streep or Sigourney Weaver lends her voice for the final cut and records over me.

I have a recording gig tomorrow in Bakersfield which will be linked to Australia where my director (doesn't that sounds professional???) will be able to provide instant feedback and guidance. 

The writers of the narration work for Disney Nature (the Planet Earth people) and will be penning an eloquent narration to parallel the 3-D Hubble images of planets and stars that make up the 30 minute IMAX film.  Those ridiculously talented men will hear my voice all the way from the cultural mecca that is Bakersfield.

My friend, Chip, who threw my name in the ring said that what elevated my recording over the rest was the way I relished the description of the planets.  He had sent me a rough cut of the film and I was mesmerized by the Hubble pictures of the planets.  They are AMAZING.  AMAZING.  When I recorded the piece, I just kept thinking about the intricate detail and awesome beauty of each planet, as well as the One who holds them all together.  My job was easy.

I think the planets are a wonderful reminder to each of us about the truly AMAZING nature of God.  He made those giant celestial orbs, yet He cares about the minute details of our everyday existence.  I think I have been problems, yet when in view of Jupiter, so large we could fit over a thousand Earths inside it, my problems are dwarfed.  And yet He handles them with loving care.

Psalm 136: 1, 4-9 

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.  His love endures forever. 
to him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever.
who by his understanding made the heavens, His love endures forever.
who spread out the earth upon the waters,His love endures forever.
who made the great lights—His love endures forever. 
the sun to govern the day, His love endures forever.
the moon and stars to govern the night; His love endures forever.


Speaking of stars, I think it may be awhile before my name appears on a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame....

Amberly

No comments: