Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Snack Attack

I blame it on the snacking.

You see, I have not only hit a plateau in my weight loss, I have taken a few steps (pounds) back.  It is so discouraging.  Ugh.

I have a lot on my plate right now (figuratively and otherwise).  Trying to be a good mom to my kids, wife to my husband, teacher to junior highers, an online professor for Grand Canyon University to two English classes, a cook,  a Kern County Children's Choir adult helper, a blogger, a Cub Scout and Band mom, allergy sufferer, and motivational speaker, and still get up to go the gym each morning is proving to be more arduous in this season.

When I am stressed, I eat.  When people in my life say they are too stressed to eat, THAT stresses me out (and makes me feel violent toward them as well).  I eat too much food and have since the fifth grade.

But right now, I am snacking.  There is always food in the teacher's lounge at work and it is NEVER quinoa, it is always cupcakes and similar carbohydrate by-products.

And then, I come home and snack while I cook dinner.  I chop a little, snack a little, cheep, cheep, cheep. 

The scale is telling my story.  The snacking is an issue and a WONDERFUL example of integrity (or lack thereof).  Snacking communicates a lack of trust.  Snacking communicates going to food instead of God for sustenance.  Snacking communicates that I am not being faithful in the "little things".

Pray for me to trust more and snack less...

I am praying for you!  Amberly

No comments: