Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blown Away

Amos 4:13 "For the Lord is the one who shaped the mountains, stirs up the winds, and reveals his thoughts to mankind. He turns the light of dawn into darkness and treads on the heights of the earth. The Lord God of Heaven’s Armies is his name!"
 
It is windy in Bakersfield today.  I think it is due to the fact that I wore a cute little skirt today and I am having to do my best not to replicate the scene in "The Seven Year Itch" when Marilyn Monroe's skirt flew over the subway grating.   There is no doubt that the sight of me trying to hold down my skirt, walk like a lady, and pull a cart behind me is comedy gold.
 
I have never liked wind.  It messes up my hair, stirs students into a frenzy, and makes me fret about contracting Valley Fever.
 
And yet, the above Scripture reminds me to remember the One who stirs it up.  He is all-powerful, all-knowing, and apparently, all-stirring.  This Scripture evens promises that I might be privy to some of His thoughts.  But I have to accept the fact that He is both stalwart and steady ("shaped the mountains") and impossible to fully understand ("stirs up the winds"). 
 
The next time the wind blows in your neck of the woods, remember how good He truly is.  And in the meantime, pray for my hair...
 
Amberly
 
 

No comments: