Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What a trip!

I am blessed.

I just returned from an amazing weekend in the great state of Kansas.  I was with great friends, old and new,  enjoyed yummy food, and I spoke there as well. :)

When I come home from a speaking engagement, I know two things: 1) my kids will have had a great time with their dad and  2) the cleaning of the house is not a priority on such weekends.

I have explained to my handsome husband that I would rather have two happy, fulfilled kids and a dirty house over neglected kids and a sparkling abode.  The kids LOVE dad weekends.  He is a really great dad who fills with fun the weekends I am gone.

But why does it have to be one or the other?

It happens in the church all the time.  People concern themselves with the preservation of the building and neglect those who need care.  In contrast, some are concerned about saving people, but treat the house of the Lord (including other believers) with disdain or indifference.

Nehemiah, the great official turned wall builder said it well:

So I rebuked the officials and asked them, “Why is the house of God neglected?” Then I called them together and stationed them at their posts." - Nehemiah 13:11

I need to maintain a balance between loving God, ministering to the lost, and maintaining care of His people.  But first, I have some cleaning to do...

Have a great week!   Amberly




No comments: