Sunday, April 21, 2013

Clean Sweep

I was more than half-way through emptying the dishwasher before I realized that the soap dispenser never opened in the last load.  The dishes were squirted with warm water and dried, but the most important component of the process of dish washing never employed.

I HATE emptying the dishwasher, but I abhor having to try and decipher which were clean and which were dirty dishes erroneously put away as clean ones.  Ugh.  Never mind; I threw every dish that could have come within 400 feet of the dirty dishes posing as clean ones in the sink for a good hand washing :)  Disgusting and time consuming.

The dishwasher went through all the motions, but with dissatisfying results.

The Apostle Paul puts it this way: "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal" (1 Cor. 13:1)

I want to be an effective change agent in my community, my classroom, and my home.  In order to avoid strictly going through the motions, I must be powered by love.  If not, although things may appear to be effective, the long-term results will be dissatisfying.

Have a great week and know that I am praying for you. 

Lead with love.

Amberly

1 comment:

Crystal Hodges said...

I love the connections you can make with dishwashers not working properly to Biblical facts. It's a level of creativity that blesses all of us who get to read your blog! Thanks for all your postings and clever connecting.