Thursday, September 5, 2013

My son is a morning person.

I joked with a friend recently and said that I am more of a "mourning" person in the wee hours of the day, but God wired my son to be awake and delightful at that time.

The problem is: he is starting to wake up at 5 each morning to use the bathroom, but then cannot go back to sleep.  The boy needs sleep.  His body is growing with each passing day.

When I have trouble sleeping, I am either not well or not trusting.

King Solomon had a LOT of problems.  Being a king is no easy trick.  Having a bazillion wives can also be considered stressful.  Being responsible for the safety of those in one's kingdom can, no doubt, be arduous.  And yet, he slept "sweetly".  How?  He tells us his "beauty" secrets in Proverbs 3:21-26 :

"My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight,preserve sound judgment and discretion; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety,and your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared."

If I would practice and remember these things when I am struggling with insomnia, I might get more sleep.  I would spend less time trying to fix things myself, and hopefully, get out of God's way long enough to allow Him to do His work.

Have a great day and "sleep sweet" tonight.

Amberly

No comments: