Sunday, September 22, 2013

Put Me In, Coach!

I am so excited.

I just got booked for six weeks of camp in the summer of 2014.  The kids and I will be in beautiful Prescott, AZ for six awesome weeks of camp at one of our favorite locations in all the world.

The trees.  The archery course.  The mountains.  The cooler weather.  The summer rains.  The kickball games.  Encouraging camp staff.  Connecting with camp counselors.  Pointing students to Jesus.

I love camp.

My favorite part, however, is chapel.  Watching kids sing and dance to the glory of God is exhilarating and inspiring.

But it is even better when I dance with them.  Jumping. Sweating. Smiling. Singing. Loudly.

Life is better when we are invested.  Experiences are richer when we are involved in the process.  Joy is greater when we are an active participant.

James 3:13 "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom."

I want my active participation in this life to reflect my hope in the afterlife.

Want to join me?

Amberly



No comments: