Monday, February 6, 2012

Hearing Voices

My husband and I love the TV show, "The Voice".  We sit comfortably in our chairs while people sing their hearts out on national television for the chance to be a star.


It is such a treat to watch people's talent affirmed by celebrity musicians.  The difference between this show and the others is that their choices are BLIND.  The celebrity coaches cannot see the singers before they "choose" them.  No longer are looks the most important factor...


God wants us to employ the same philosophy:

1 Samuel 16:7 says:
But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”


I am so thankful that God does not think more or less of me because of extra weight, wrinkles, acne, size 11 feet, make-up (or lack thereof), or crooked teeth.  He sees ME.  The real me.  The redeemed me. The loved me.


It is the unconditional love of God that makes me want to sing...but not on national television.


Amberly

No comments: