Sunday, February 26, 2012

HomeWORK

When asked to assess her disdain for homework, on a scale from 1 -10, my daughter answered, "1014".

She hates her homework.  I hate her homework.  She is extremely bright, absolutely capable, and drags her feet when faced with assignments done at home.

I finally had to remind her that doing her homework allows her to participate in church activities, attend play rehearsal, play with her friends, and practice her clarinet (all things that she loves).  I asked her to try and see homework as a ticket to do fun things, rather than a weapon of mass destruction.

I asked her to learn to rejoice in her homework with the new perspective in mind.

James 1 reminds us to do the same with the things we find "unfun".  When I am embarking on my journey to Joy, I must remember that my perspective may be skewed.  I may need only to ask for a new perspective from God.

I asked last week if anyone was ready to embark with me on my "Joy to Go" campaign.  No one responded.

Either everyone has more Joy than they know what to do with or are equally overwhelmed with the every day routine.

Either way, I am ready to find new perspective and see Joy through Heaven's eyes.

Buckle up, Buttercup.

Amberly


No comments: