Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oh no, you DIDN'T!

"Life is material".

These wise words did not come from a famous theologian or philosopher, but instead, from a fabulously funny woman in my life.  She also often says, "NEVER choose to teach a Bible study on a topic you think you have mastered."

Truer words have not been spoken.  Well, maybe truer, but not less painful.

I had the AUDACITY to choose "Joy to Go" for my new campaign.  I am a joyful person.  I love to spread laughter and levity wherever I go.  I know lots of Bible verses on joy.  What a perfect choice, right?

Here is the deal.  My husband and I are under a lot of financial and decision-making stress.  Both of us are facing leadership changes at our place of employment (which often breeds uncertainty).  Both of us are juggling numerous responsibilities and want to raise our kids in a loving environment in the process.  I am struggling...

Where is the joy?

Maybe I should have chosen gingivitis or follicle health as my theme for this year.

Maybe I have no business teaching others about joy after all...

Amberly


No comments: