Thursday, March 15, 2012

Grandma Theft Auto

Well, it is official. I am old. No, I have not "grown" new wrinkles, had a monumental birthday, or received my AARP card. Worse. Much worse. I lost my car. I ran to the grocery store after going to the gym the other day. I parked the car, locked the door (or so I thought) and proceeded to tackle my grocery list inside. I came out to find that my beloved Swaggerwagon was GONE! I tried to conjure all the contents in hopes that something valuable had not been left inside. I tried to remain calm. I even hit my automatic lock remote in hopes that the "beep" would help. Nothing. How could I lose a 2,000 pound vehicle? I thought to call the police, then realized that I was too freaked out to remember the license plate. "My husband is going to KILL me," I thought, "but he'll need to pick me up before that." Ugh. We can't afford this! What are we going to do? I remembered when my mom used to say, "retrace your steps". I went back into the store and thought through all the aisles I had traveled, bargains I had uncovered, and sweets I had avoided. I remember thinking, "Wow. I cannot even walk in the store without being assaulted with the yummy smell of Starbucks..." WAIT! The Starbucks is at the entrance on the OTHER side of the store. And that is when I found my car, dutifully waiting for me at the southwest entrance of the building. How am I supposed to experience Joy To GO when I can't even find my car??? Beep beep, beep beep yah! Amberly

No comments: