Friday, March 9, 2012

Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a Gas, Gas, Gas...

I am running on fumes.  I have failed to pay attention to the "gas light" on my car and if I do not fill the car soon, I will be walking everywhere I go.

I am not ignoring the gas light due to laziness, in fact, it is busyness that is disallowing me to find the time to stop.  I am so busy going, going, going that I am failing to care for the vehicle that gets me there.

If I am going to have Joy to GO, then I better refuel on a regular basis.  I need to consistently read God's Word, fellowship with people, use my gifts, laugh, worship, drink coffee (although many biblical scholars would disagree), play with my kids, read great books, etc. in order to have any fuel on which to go.

Off to the gas station I go.  Now it will be my wallet that is running on fumes :)

Fill 'er up!
Amberly

P.S. Congratulations, Rebekah Hendershot; you won the giveaway for one of my favorite books; it even has some of my highlights for you to enjoy (or mock).  I hope it serves to encourage you and provide some Joy to Go!


No comments: