Tuesday, March 27, 2012

CLEAN and mean

I subjected myself to a three day digestive cleanse.  In case you are unfamiliar, a cleanse is an innocuous word for clearing out one's bowels...one powdery shake at a time.

Although I shed some pounds in the process, I endured nausea, an upset stomach, missed meals, and fatigue.

The health articles I read suggested this cleanse to "jolt" my metabolism by breaking out of the norm.  It is engineered to facilitate change by shocking my system into being more efficient.

I efficiently visited the restroom a dozen times the first day.  Blech.

Fortunately for me, God is in the cleanse business as well, however, it has nothing to do with the digestive system.

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."


I want long-lasting joy.  I want freedom.   I need to start with remembering the faithfulness of God.  I need to focus on the justice of God.  I need a cleanse.  I need to purge my poor habits, guilt feelings, and disappointments and confess them to God.  In His goodness, He not only forgives me, He clears out the spiritual debris and allows me to walk in joyful freedom.

If you are ready for some Joy to Go, chew on the promises of this verse.   They are MUCH better than a powdery shake...

Amberly

No comments: