Sunday, March 25, 2012

JEANetic Counseling

Well, after I shared my last blog post with a fitness fiend friend of mine, she said, "Oh no.  You are not getting on the scale are you?"


Well, actually, I avoid the scale at all costs.  When going to the doctor's office, I remove all clothes possible (without embarrassing myself) before stepping on the scale.


Her solution?  Buy a pair of jeans that are just a little too tight.  She says I should gauge success by how those jeans fit, not by what the scale says.  I need a pair of "comparative jeans".


Outside of the weight world, what should the gauge be? 


Psalm 40:5 tells me: "Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare."


There is no way I can compare to God.  My deeds will never be as grand, my motives will never be as pure, my character will never be as pure.


The contrast could deflate my joy. 


Fortunately for me,  Romans 10:4 offers me the "comparative jeans" I need.  It tells me: "Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."


What does this mean?  It means I can have JOY TO GO because I get to wear the righteousness of Christ.  Such a gift from God fits better than any skinny jean!


God is sooooo good.


:) Amberly







No comments: