Monday, March 5, 2012

WAIT management

I hate being "on hold"...

When calling a business with which I have an issue, I hate hearing 438 times how "important (my) call is to (them)"... blech.  If my call was really SO important, why not hire sufficient staff to field calls in a timely manner?  Why not produce a quality product in the first place so I need not call a customer service representative?

I hate waiting.   Period.  Not even in the dentist's office when I know that pain, agony, and the bill for services rendered await.

The word "wait" appears 129 times in the Bible, but twice in Psalm 27:14 - "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

If I am going to experience Joy to Go, I must heed this call.  I think it only fitting that the Psalmist repeats this idea twice in such a short time;  he MUST have had impatient people like me in mind when he penned those words.

When I am communicating instructions to my kids, I repeat twice the most vital or difficult portions of the message.

This passage is no different.  "Be strong and take heart" are natural byproducts of "sandwiching" everything we do with waiting on God.  If we start and end each day, activity, thought, decision, action, etc. with waiting for God to act first, strength and courage (and joy) naturally (or supernaturally) occur.

I needed this reminder today.  I hope it served to encourage you.

Please hold...

Amberly



No comments: