Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Overload

I do not know about you, but I overdid in the candy department today.  Students brought me treats; I ate them.  Even ones I do not like.

I will blame my desire to avoid hurting feelings on my inability to resist the sweets today.

I had a stressful morning getting kids out the door.  Everyone had band instruments, Valentine's, P.E. uniforms, potluck additions, and gifts to deliver.  I think the Israelites had an easier time traveling into the Promised Land and it took them 40 years.

I will blame the stress on my inability to resist the sweets today.

In addition, I am fighting (and losing the battle) an allergy on my face.  Twice, I woke in the night scratching my face and my sleep was terribly interrupted.  On a day for lovers, I have a red beard of rash on my face, leaving me feeling less than, well, lovable.

I will blame the lack of sleep on my inability to resist the sweets today.

I can blame all I want, but the truth is, I made the choice to shove innumerable calories in my mouth.

Often, when I overeat, it is a joy issue.  I forget to rejoice in all that God has given.  I fail to rejoice in His goodness and grace.  I  forfeit the chance to remember His faithfulness.

Can you relate?  SWEET!

Amberly





No comments: