Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's MESSolutions

I think it interesting that on January 1st, the day I pre-chose to kick off the year "Unleashing Joy", I rang in the new year cleaning vomit off off Legos.  Yep.  You read it right.  My life is officially awesome.

Our son has a virus that has plagued him with a cough that won't quit.  In fact, thrice now, it only "quits" after he throws up.  Bless his heart.

Scott and I are blessed.  Both of our kids are quite healthy.  Nausea is SO rare in our house, neither kid knows how to handle it.   Josiah just sits there and gets sick.  ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE.  AND. ALL. OVER. HIMSELF.  He gets paralyzed and chooses to soil himself and everything around him.

At the risk of grossing all my readers out, many of us struggle with a similar malady.  

We often get paralyzed when we are surprised by the "ick" of life.  Broken hearts, hurt feelings, disappointment, websites that don't work according to deadline, disappointing personal choices, and unstable finances can overcome us if we choose to stay put and not put our faith into action...

January 1st is the PERFECT time to decide to not get paralyzed when life gets dirty, nasty, smelly, and gross.  It is the perfect day to choose to make 2014 one of action and to truly "unleash joy"!

Will you join me???

God's richest blessings on your 2014!

Amberly


No comments: