Monday, May 21, 2012

Top of the Monday to ya!

It was one of those days. I will spare you the details, but it started at 5:00 with a cycling class that boosted my prayer life ("God, please let my live through this class") One of the participants left the class early; I thought it was because the rigor was too great. Nope. The class was "too easy". It seems she was bored. Bored? Are you kidding me? Mind you, this is only my third attempt at the class, but the constant change in pace, resistence, and 80's songs are enough to make me look like an Oompa Loompa by the end. It is exhausting. And just when I start to get comfortable, the insructor has us turn the resistence knob on the bike to make it harder, burn more calories, and build our muscles and stamina. Some people think the Christian life is easy, boring, and uninspiring. Wrong answer. Jesus said, "I have come that they might have life and have it to the full". A life lived for God is never boring, often exhausting, and always purposeful. And just when it gets "comfortable", God often turns up the resistence to make us stronger. I am going to try to class again on Wednesday, but if that woman leaves again, I may have to sit on her just so she doesn't leave disappointed. :) Big wheels keep on turning... Amberly

No comments: