Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Will you marry me?

Well, tomorrow marks 20 years of married life for Scott and me.

20 years.  That is crazy sauce.

I am a different person than I was 20 years ago;   I am heavier.  I have more wrinkles.  I snore.

In addition, I know more about myself than I did as a young bride.  And cooking.  And sacrificial love. And forgiveness.  And friendship.  And laughter.

And I understand more about God's faithfulness to me.  When I am too busy.  When I am lonely.  When I have a second serving of pasta.  Or third.  When I sleep in instead of spend time with him.  When I treat another unfairly.  When I say something in anger.  When I spend more money than I should.  When I withhold money that I could give away to one in need.  God is faithful.

Am I thankful for Scott?  You bet your sweet bippies.

Am I thankful for 20 years of wedded existence?  Indeed.

Am I more thankful that we serve a God who loves us more than we love one another?  Bingo

Happy anniversary, my love.  How about 80 more?

Amberly






1 comment:

Jill C said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 20 years is something well worth celebrating and I praise God for the example you are setting for your children!

You mentioned in a recent blog that you are wondering if anyone even reads it. I do and I am enjoying it and I love your humor. I just don't comment much because I don't have the gift of words. Now if I could put in a string of numbers that meant something, I'd be set! ;)

God's blessings as you celebrate this special day! Jill