Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chosen

I came home one day from kindergarten and announced that I wanted to be adopted.  Much to my mother's chagrin, an adopted classmate informed us in class that although our parents were STUCK with the kids to whom they gave birth, adopted kids were CHOSEN.  I wanted to be chosen!

Have you ever noticed that children who are adopted to people with no biological tie slowly began to look like their adoptive parents?

We have wonderful friends who adopted the most beautiful boys.  Both of the boys have delightful dark skin and gorgeous big brown eyes. Mom and Dad who adopted them give me a run for my money in the "pigment deficient" category.  They look even more pale when seated next to their boys.  The irony?  I can see their adopted dad's smile in their pictures and their adopted mom's expression in their eyes.

My hope is that the same is true of me.


"He (God) predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will..." (Ephesians 1:5).

I hope that, with time and spending time together, I will look more like my adoptive Heavenly Father everyday.  I hope people see Jesus' grace and love in me and know it is Him.

I WAS chosen and so were you.  We were given the opportunity to choose Him and be transformed by the renewing of our minds.

I got my kindergarten wish and I want to be a Daddy's girl...

Amberly

No comments: