Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolution "Soul"ution

I have successfully gnawed my way through the entirety of the holiday "booty".  We received a ton of baked goods, fudge, and other edible delights for Christmas and I have enjoyed them all.  Not such a great choice for my diet, but delicious nonetheless.

I was challenged by a friend to post my resolutions.  I waited until Friday since it is the lowest day for readers to actually READ the blog, so my thinking is less readers, less accountability.  This is probably a good indicator of the fact that my list is arduous and that I am a bit overwhelmed by it, but here goes:

1) I resolve to blog 2x a week.
2) I resolve to find someone to mentor.
3) I resolve to complete a half marathon in less than 3 hours (my first attempt will be in two weeks!)
4) I resolve to write for at least an hour each week on a book project that I have been working on for YEARS.
5) I resolve to read through the Bible in its entirety.  Although I have done this many times before, I want to be more consistent with my reading schedule.
6) I resolve to like myself, speak kindly to myself, and treat myself with grace.

If you have made resolutions, I challenge you to share them with a trusted friend.  Research shows, you are more likely to adhere to them with accountability.

Thank you for being my accountability.  You will be keenly aware if my first resolution is successful.  I give you permission to kick my backside (in the name of the Lord, of course) if I fail to do it.

God's richest blessings on your 2013!

Amberly



No comments: