Wednesday, January 18, 2012

ALL ACCESS PASS

When I was a teenager, I attended a concert of a popoular band, REO Speedwagon.  They were hugely popular and I felt so fortunate to get tickets for my best friend and me.  I wore my favorite leopard skinned pants and put enough hairspray in my hair to encite concerns from the E.P.A.

While we were waiting in line, we befriended a young lady (for those of you who don't know me, if there is a POSSIBILITY of making a friend, I will always take it.  I collect people.  Where two or more are gathered, I have a convention).  We talked about all sorts of topics that were really important: boys, boys, and boys.

Right before we were all herded into the stadium, she said, "hey, do you want to meet the band?"

"Who wouldn't?" I quipped.

At this point, she pulled out two extra backstage passes.  I was elated and a little blown away.

After the concert was over (it was amazing, by the way), we showed our passes to the security guards, giggled all the way down the vast hallways, and opened the doors marked "BAND".

We got to meet REO Speedwagon.  SO COOL.  All because we befriended some girl with access passes.

Although I have a degree from a Bible college, I still cannot wrap my brain around some theological truths.  One of them is the access to God people can enjoy through Jesus.  You see, Jesus came to connect a holy God with an unholy people.  All we need is to "befriend" Him and we have a backstage pass to the Holy of Holies.

It is exciting.  It is humbling.  And it is ours without the need for leopard pants or extra hairspray.

Grace is good!

Amberly

No comments: