Monday, January 23, 2012

Feelin' a little LOOPy


Yesterday, I posted the Neese Menu for the week.  It was actually fun to come up with dishes that will be quick and painless for us to prepare and enjoy.

One of the concepts that I have used FOREVER (but did not have a name for until now) is LOOP.  Cook one day, have Left Overs On Purpose, and then use those leftovers to create a great second meal later in the week.  Again, my friend Kathi Lipp (www.kathilipp.com) has made LOOP meals a staple in her house.

Frankly, I often cook three pounds of hamburger at a time or ask my husband to grill thrice the amount of chicken we need so that I can freeze the extra and use them for quick meals later.  It is the same amount of work and a HUGE time saver.

The truth is, I need more LOOP time in my life.  I need to consistently read the Bible, spend time with God, smooch my husband and kids, rest, and exercise so that I have something Left Over on Purpose in case some type of chaos happens.  And it will.  Life happens; I just need to make sure that LOOP happens as well.

Are you feeling a little LOOPy or is that something you need to work on as well?

Amberly

P.S. Remember, I am giving one of Kathi's books to someone who comments sometime this week :)

No comments: