Sunday, January 22, 2012

Food for Thought

This week, I am going to try something new.

My friend, Kathy Lipp, a wonderful author and speaker has inspired me.  She is posting her menu for the week and is challenging her readers to do likewise.  So here it goes:

Monday: Homemade Tacos
Tuesday: Bean soup/ cornbread
Wednesday: Sweet potato soup
Thursday: Chicken Enchiladas
Friday:  French Dip sandwiches/ sweet potato baked fries
Saturday: Stir fry (I will make extra chicken for a LOOP meal - Left Overs On Purpose)
Sunday: Left-overs

I made my choices based on a couple of things: I know that this week is a little busy for us (Science Night on Monday, auditions on Tuesday, Small Group on Wednesdays, etc.)

I think it is empowering (albeit a little bit of forethought) to plan meals.  Is makes for one trip to the grocery store and alleviates a lot of stress and contemplation time.

Feel free to steal my menu.  Also, if you have fallen into a rut, feel free to get some ideas on Kathy Lipp's Facebook page.

I will be giving one of her great books away this week.  I will choose from the list of people who comment some time this week.

Have fun!

No More Menu Madness!

Amberly



3 comments:

Steve Cecil said...

Great idea! Our family tries to meal plan each week with the understanding that we may have to move a meal at any given day. Another great resource we use is the website www.foodonthetable.com

Megin Hughes said...

Thank you for the meal inspiration and also for letting me know which days I should "coincidentally" stop by around dinner time :)

Crystal Hodges said...

Can I come over for the nights when you make French Dip sandwiches and Stir Fry? ;-)